vineri, 27 decembrie 2013

REVIEW - Altered (Altered #1) by Jennifer Rush


Synopsis:

When you can’t trust yourself, who can you believe?

Everything about Anna’s life is a secret. Her father works for the Branch at the helm of its latest project: monitoring and administering treatments to the four genetically altered boys in the lab below their farmhouse. There’s Nick, Cas, Trev . . . and Sam, who’s stolen Anna’s heart. When the Branch decides it’s time to take the boys, Sam stages an escape, killing the agents sent to retrieve them. 

Anna is torn between following Sam or staying behind in the safety of her everyday life. But her father pushes her to flee, making Sam promise to keep her away from the Branch, at all costs. There’s just one problem. Sam and the boys don’t remember anything before living in the lab—not even their true identities.

Now on the run, Anna soon discovers that she and Sam are connected in more ways than either of them expected. And if they’re both going to survive, they must piece together the clues of their past before the Branch catches up to them and steals it all away.

Review:

I heard about this book before, but not so many things that would make me read it, right away. So, after I finished it I was thinking that it would be good if I would make a review. Maybe there are people who wants to read it but they are not sure or they want to hear more. And let's get into it.

I won't talk about the action part, because in my opinion the synopsis is giving away enough, and there won't be so many things to find out. But this is a really good book, a fast read, action pact, suspense from the beginning until the end, twists and turns, and nice characters. Every character is individualized and for a few times I was fooled. Why? Because you can't feel who is going to betray them, and sometimes this people are so, so close. Each guy has secres, powers, or let's say abilities, because they are not super heroes. 

Anna is the kind of girl that I like. She's strong and she tries to help, she wants to know the truth even if it hurts or is a hard road to it. And I need to say that I didn't see that coming. Anna is special and who thought that she's so special? I mean, I thought that the Branch wanted her because of her. ( If you read the 0.5 , novella, then you know what I mean. It's not necesarry to read the novella, but there are a few things that you would know and maybe the story would be clear, in the first volume.) 

From the boys I liked Sam, and not because he's the male main character, but because he's kind of different, from the others. He's more reserved than the others, but after they escape... man, he knows a lot of things. But I won't say too much about him, because I don't want to spoil you, accidentaly. So, if you want to know more about him read the book!

I wish I could say a lot more to you, but I don't want to mess up the surprise. This book is really good, is an awesome first novel of this series/trilogy, and I think that is worth reading it. By many people. And I need to say that the cover is perfect, it matches the story so well. Firstly when I saw it I was thinking what are those branches all over? But now I know and man... it's a cool idea. The branches are important, very important, in the story. 

So, people, dear readers, if you like YA, Science-Fiction/Dystopia, Mistery books then read this one. Read the novella, too, if you want. But read it, because is good, even there are not so many people talking about it. I really enjoyed it and I can't wait for the next one to come out. I want it now, okay I wanted it after I finished this:)), but I try not to sound so hopeless. Read it! :) I'm sure you'll enjoy! Plus, is so full of action and suspense that you'll fly through it.

4/5

P.S. I forgot to say that I think that the idea of this book/series is original. I haven't read anything like that, before.

0 comentarii: