joi, 19 iunie 2014

REVIEW - You Make Me (Blurred Lines #1) by Erin McCarthy


Synopsis:

The guy she wants…

Growing up on the coast of Maine with a revolving door of foster siblings, Caitlyn Michaud spent one intense and passionate year falling in love with her foster brother, Heath. Then he left without a word. The betrayal devastated Caitlyn and made her vow to forget the compelling bad boy. But forgetting his sensual touch and their deep all-consuming friendship is easier said than done.

Isn’t the guy she needs…

Determined to move on, in college Caitlyn has risen above her small town impoverished roots and has joined a sorority, reinvented her appearance, and landed the right boyfriend. Pre-law major and frat president, Ethan, is thoughtful and always laughing, and he makes her feel happy, calm. He also gives her the social acceptance she craves. 

But the perfect world she tried so hard to attain is ripped apart when Heath appears one night out of nowhere. Caitlyn remembers all the reasons why she loves him, even if they don’t make sense to anyone but her. Out of the military, Heath is as brooding and intense as ever, and he is determined not only to win her back, but to exact revenge on everyone who kept him from her…

And when one love allows her to breathe, but the other feels as essential to her life as air, how does she choose between them?


REVIEW:

I received this book for a honest review! Thanks!


Well, what can I say: the cover looked hot, summery and intriguing, and the synopsis too. But I think, that I have bad luck, because it wasn't good for me. 

I won't talk too much about this book, because if didn't liked it I don't want to say bad things about it, and if you'd listen to what I have to say, you'll see that I don't have too much to say. I read this novel in a couple of hours, but it bored me; the whole story, the characters, the twists, the dialogue, everything seemed fade to me, nothing expressed something. It was like I've read the typhical NA novel, with the same thing over and over again, with the same discussions, the same drama... 

And if just that would have been. But leaving the story apart, I didn't felt for the characters, I couldn't picture them, symphatize with them. And the main character is so childish and dramagirl, she doesn't know who to choose and what to do, and she says that she loves both. Really? You love one of them because you think he's hot and he knows you, and you know each other from childhood. But you like the other because he's from a good family and he's popular and you want that too. Arent' you kind of a b... you mess with both of them and then you cry and run and... it's  easier to blame the other, doesn't it? And this book doesn't have an end, gues what? Is a series. 

Will I read the sequels? No. Because if I fought to finish this I won't put myself through this kind of situation again. I don't know if is my fault or now that I'm older, kind of, this stories are boring for me and cliché, but I feel like all the NA/Contemporary novels are the same. The same story, characters, plot twists and everything. 

But maybe you'll enjoy it. You don't have to hate or not read a book just because I disliked it; I loved books that other people disliked and it was ok. So, sorry for not liking it but not sorry, because like I said, I'm tired and bored, of this re-re-re-reading a story that is in a dozens of NA novels.


2/5

0 comentarii: