joi, 5 februarie 2015

REVIEW - The Line Between by Tamsyn Bester

Synopsis:

There’s a fine line between love and hate, so fine that you don’t know you’ve lost balance until it’s too late.
I’m not sure exactly when I lost my balance, all I know is that he was to blame.
Dane Winters.
The boy who’d spent most of his life hating me for reasons I never understood.

** ** ** ** ** **

It was no secret that I hated her, but only I knew why.
She was off-limits.
And then our separate worlds collided with one tragedy.
It wasn’t her fault, I knew that, but I wanted her to hurt the way I did, and I needed someone to blame. She was an easy target.
Kennedy Monroe.
The girl I’d picked on all our lives.
And the woman I barely tolerated.
Until the line between love and hate was no longer visible… 


REVIEW:

I've never heard of this author before and I really wanted something easy, hot and fast to read, because I kinda have a hard period now, with the exams. So, I picked this up.

This book was hot and fast, because I read it in like two hours and a half, and I really, really enjoyed it, but it wasn't easy. I thought, just from the synopsis, that is going to be some angst and drama involved, but I didn't think it was going to grip me from the beginning and shake me up so hard. 

To be honest, I haven't read a NA novel as good in a long time, and I had no idea how this will be when I started it. I told you, I thought that is going to be just another whatever NA novel. But is not! Because it had great shaped and developed characters, both main and secondary, it had an interesting and amazing plot, hot moments and funny ones, light and sad ones, and the author has an amazing writing style.

Let's say that the plot didn't impress me as much as the characters and the writing style did. Because Kennedy and Dane were like real humans to me, I could see them, feel their emotions, and all their decissions made sense; even if they were good or bad. And they were so complex, with good and bad parts, they knew their flaws and acknowledged them. I really, really enjoyed reading their story, from beginning 'till the end, each and every page. 

Kennedy is such a powerful girl/woman and I was so surprised, through the book, because when I knew how she was, I mean how ambitious and stronger, she changed. More strong, more powerful, more funny, more loveable. And Dane is the same. They are so alike and so different, that you can't see them separately. And their relationship through the whole novel was a big pleasure for me to read and watch developing and changing, and growing. 

I was saying that the writing style was awesome - yes, it truly was! It was fresh, rich, powerful, full of emotions and made me feel so many things. And now I feel so warm and fuzzy inside, after feeling all the emotions through the novel, along with the characters. And if before I didn't read from this author, then now, if she has author novels, surely I'll read them. 

I don't want to say more because spoilers and because I want you to read this novel, to enjoy it and love it, and fall in love with these characters, as I did, and feel all the good stuff. Because is an amazing read and it really, really deserves more readers and more love. 

Happy reading! : )


This was received through NetGalley for a honest review!

0 comentarii: